Chapter 1&2 Q&A

Re: Chapter 1&2 Q&A

Postby Triple J » Fri May 22, 2015 8:25 pm

This is sounding even more awesome, then. :>


Another two questions, while I'm at it:

    Q1) Do you plan on putting a price on the Remix? If so, how will the game be distributed?

    Q2) Is it possible in any way to program the game to slow down any 'Sleep' functions when changing the Time Control? Obviously they don't slow down with the Time Control in the current version, as a bug, but I'm curious if maybe there'll be an overhaul somewhere around this issue?

    Q3) Do you plan on adding any new music soundtracks for the Remix's LD?



EDIT: Added a third question.
Image
My biggest Last Legacy project!
It all comes together right here!
Join the fun and make the list!
User avatar
Triple J
 
Posts: 348
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:46 pm
Location: Withheld.

Re: Chapter 1&2 Q&A

Postby lulzaraptor » Fri May 22, 2015 9:06 pm

1) It will probably be non-free. I'll get back to you on this later, but it will probably be something like: "ch3" is considered an expansion pack". So if you own ch1+2, you can get ch3 by itself for a discount (since you already paid for the engine).

2) Not implemented yet. It will probably be replaced with "sleep(time)" where time is in seconds with resolution of milliseconds. So "sleep(1.5)" would wait for 1.5 seconds. It is planned for the level loader to convert all old scripts to the new script format on load.
lulzaraptor
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:44 pm

Re: Chapter 1&2 Q&A

Postby mariofan2014 » Sat May 23, 2015 1:21 am

i have a question. will their be a way to make your own items. even though i,ma suggest that later.
mariofan2014
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:05 am

Re: Chapter 1&2 Q&A

Postby lulzaraptor » Sat May 23, 2015 6:13 am

mariofan2014 wrote:i have a question. will their be a way to make your own items. even though i,ma suggest that later.

You can add your own enemies right now. It is possible to add items, but its a bit more hacky.

missed 3 from above. Answer is maybe. I don't do music so I don't know for sure.
lulzaraptor
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:44 pm

Re: Chapter 1&2 Q&A

Postby Triple J » Mon May 25, 2015 4:33 pm

Dante wrote:So this is just a shot in the dark, something I found on my first playthrough. Will the Winged Boots exploit be fixed, so players don't become multi-thousandaires as easily?

I'm curious. How are you handling this, dev guys?
Image
My biggest Last Legacy project!
It all comes together right here!
Join the fun and make the list!
User avatar
Triple J
 
Posts: 348
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:46 pm
Location: Withheld.

Re: Chapter 1&2 Q&A

Postby YumaMan9 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:21 am

Runouw wrote:Ask any questions you want about the upcoming remake.

Will there be more weapons and items to obtain in the remake?
YumaMan9
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed May 20, 2015 7:02 pm

Re: Chapter 1&2 Q&A

Postby Runouw » Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:29 am

Triple J wrote:
Dante wrote:So this is just a shot in the dark, something I found on my first playthrough. Will the Winged Boots exploit be fixed, so players don't become multi-thousandaires as easily?

I'm curious. How are you handling this, dev guys?

We are considering placing a limit on the max # of upgrades you can put on an item.

YumaMan9 wrote:Will there be more weapons and items to obtain in the remake?

Yes
User avatar
Runouw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 71
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:35 pm

Re: Chapter 1&2 Q&A

Postby YumaMan9 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:32 am

Runouw wrote:
Triple J wrote:
Dante wrote:So this is just a shot in the dark, something I found on my first playthrough. Will the Winged Boots exploit be fixed, so players don't become multi-thousandaires as easily?

I'm curious. How are you handling this, dev guys?

We are considering placing a limit on the max # of upgrades you can put on an item.

YumaMan9 wrote:Will there be more weapons and items to obtain in the remake?

Yes

Cool! :)
As you said above, there might be a limit on upgrades. I'm with you on that because it eventually gets to an overwhelmingly large price after a certain number of upgrades. Perhaps 15 upgrades should be the maximum?
YumaMan9
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed May 20, 2015 7:02 pm

Re: Chapter 1&2 Q&A

Postby Triple J » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:30 pm

Some random question: Will any of the unused "hidden" sprites be used in the Remix? (Examples: that blue bulb enemy, the circular lock, birds, keys, etc.)
Image
My biggest Last Legacy project!
It all comes together right here!
Join the fun and make the list!
User avatar
Triple J
 
Posts: 348
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:46 pm
Location: Withheld.

Re: Chapter 1&2 Q&A

Postby lulzaraptor » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:32 am

Triple J wrote:Some random question: Will any of the unused "hidden" sprites be used in the Remix? (Examples: that blue bulb enemy, the circular lock, birds, keys, etc.)


;)
lulzaraptor
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:44 pm

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron