Chapter 1&2 Q&A

Chapter 1&2 Q&A

Postby Runouw » Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:48 pm

Ask any questions you want about the upcoming remake.
User avatar
Runouw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 71
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:35 pm

Re: Chapter 1&2 Q&A

Postby FrozenFire » Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:40 pm

1. Will this remix be also in Java? Or it will still stay in Flash, like Chapter 1 and Chapter 2?

2. If this question doesn't bother you, how much time do you think it'll be needed to finish this Remix?

3. How are Chapter 1 and Chapter 2 going to be merged into a remix?
User avatar
FrozenFire
 
Posts: 112
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:49 pm
Location: Behind the curtains.

Re: Chapter 1&2 Q&A

Postby Triple J » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:24 pm

Is this after/before or instead of NS-Release Candidate 3?
Image
My biggest Last Legacy project!
It all comes together right here!
Join the fun and make the list!
User avatar
Triple J
 
Posts: 348
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:46 pm
Location: Withheld.

Re: Chapter 1&2 Q&A

Postby Runouw » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:41 pm

We will be working simultaneously on the remix and chapter 3. However, due to the remix being easier, it will be finished some time before chapter 3 is. Both the remix and chapter 3 will use the same engine, which is programmed in Java. I haven't figured out a release date, but I hope the remix will be done in less than a year and chapter 3 will be done in less than 2 years.
User avatar
Runouw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 71
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:35 pm

Re: Chapter 1&2 Q&A

Postby mariofan2014 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:25 am

heres a question. idk if its been asked yet. but will chapter 2 levels work in the remix.
mariofan2014
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:05 am

Re: Chapter 1&2 Q&A

Postby AwesomeJRFD » Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:12 am

mariofan2014 wrote:heres a question. idk if its been asked yet. but will chapter 2 levels work in the remix.

He has told me that yes, they will. IDK if plans have changed since then though.
ImageImage
User avatar
AwesomeJRFD
 
Posts: 101
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:42 am
Location: Sixteenth Dimension: Hyperspace

Re: Chapter 1&2 Q&A

Postby -BY » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:10 pm

AwesomeJRFD wrote:
mariofan2014 wrote:heres a question. idk if its been asked yet. but will chapter 2 levels work in the remix.

He has told me that yes, they will. IDK if plans have changed since then though.


The levels from Null Space should work in the remix. Yeah.
Wouldn't know anything about sudden plan changes either.
User avatar
-BY
 
Posts: 71
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:06 am
Location: Behind the scenes

Re: Chapter 1&2 Q&A

Postby Triple J » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:55 pm

What kinds/types of suggestions are you looking for in terms of the Remix? I can't think of anything without stretching it.
Image
My biggest Last Legacy project!
It all comes together right here!
Join the fun and make the list!
User avatar
Triple J
 
Posts: 348
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:46 pm
Location: Withheld.

Re: Chapter 1&2 Q&A

Postby lulzaraptor » Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:53 pm

-BY wrote:
AwesomeJRFD wrote:
mariofan2014 wrote:heres a question. idk if its been asked yet. but will chapter 2 levels work in the remix.

He has told me that yes, they will. IDK if plans have changed since then though.


The levels from Null Space should work in the remix. Yeah.
Wouldn't know anything about sudden plan changes either.


They are really likely to work. The only things that changed in level interpretation is that a wider range of colors are now supported for color transforms and an improved scripting engine. There might be some slight differences in how either of these are interpreted but it should not be game breaking.

Triple J wrote:What kinds/types of suggestions are you looking for in terms of the Remix? I can't think of anything without stretching it.

Its mostly ways that we could make the game better in general. Engine suggestions go for both the remake and sequel. The remake is not a direct port; multiple levels are being revised/remade. We're also probably going to tweak the story to fit in better with the sequel's, which up until recently was standalone from ch1+2.
lulzaraptor
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:44 pm

Re: Chapter 1&2 Q&A

Postby Triple J » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:24 pm

Will this still be an issue after switching to Java for the Remix?

I would be so happy if not.
Image
My biggest Last Legacy project!
It all comes together right here!
Join the fun and make the list!
User avatar
Triple J
 
Posts: 348
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:46 pm
Location: Withheld.

Next

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron