[T] Error message on startup.

One topic per bug, please.

[T] Error message on startup.

Postby Triple J » Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:04 pm

Error message: show
Error: Error #1502: A script has executed for longer than the default timeout period of 15 seconds.
at com.runouw.keyEngine::KeyEngine$/MouseDown()

Occasionally, on my laptop, if the game happens to take a while to load after clicking that "Click to continue" button (Note: my laptop loads games - specifically - very slowly at random, which includes loading levels, starting games up, activating Shine Sprites, starting/stopping a recording with Bandicam [usually if a game is running at the same time], etc. I suspect there might be something weird going on with Flash on my laptop, but I'm too lazy to check that out), I may receive this error message. Oddly, it doesn't seem to mess anything up if I click "Dismiss all," but I thought I'd bring this up.
My biggest Last Legacy project!
It all comes together right here!
Join the fun and make the list!
Triple J

Re: [T] Error message on startup.

Postby -BY » Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:47 pm

Why should it mess up anything if it's just a timeout? It's more of a warning rather than a true problem. : 3
-BY

Postby Runouw » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:39 pm

I've never seen this glitch before. It's weird, but it doesn't look like it breaks the game, since it only has to do with the mouse click event.

My guess is that your computer is taking a long time to load a resource in memory (which might have been relocated to the hard drive).
Runouw
Site Admin

Uhm... Re?: [T] Error message on startup.

Postby Triple J » Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:13 pm

I know this question is coming really late, but do you know any methods to locate it?

Another, slightly-related question: Could this have anything to do with the Level Designer & game freezing, then crashing at such specific intervals that it is predictable? It only happens when I place too many NEW items or tiles since the last start-up, depending on how large the level's dimensions are. (In other words, after I start the game up and open the Level Designer, continuously placing new tiles or items will eventually cause the whole game to freeze up and crash.) In fact, sometimes I'll realize that the game is taking slightly longer to place my tiles/items, and then I just close the game window. I do this because if I let the game crash, the game will take longer to start back up, or in the worst case scenario, it may stall my entire laptop, forcing me to shut it down with the power button, which has happened a couple times before. Nothing else I do seems to trigger it, oddly.

Another slightly-related question: Does this have anything to do with the fact that if I idle for about a minute or so, moving the character again may then cause the game to freeze for a couple seconds or up to a minute, and either unfreeze or give me the same timeout error? (lol, run-on question)

EDIT: This is the timeout error I get from idling:
Error message: show
Error: Error #1502: A script has executed for longer than the default timeout period of 15 seconds.
at com.runouw.ll.engine.hero::Hero/controlableActions()
at com.runouw.ll.engine.hero::Hero/normalFrame()
at com.runouw.ll.engine.hero.animation::Hero_Run/enterFrame()
at com.runouw.ll.engine.hero::Hero/enterFrame()
at com.runouw.ll.engine.modes::GameplayEngine$/enterFrame()
at com.runouw.ll.engine::GameEngine$/enterFrame()

I'm sorry if this post is asking for too much at once, but this problem has been slowing down my level-designing progress a whole lot. Yesterday, the game crashed at least 15 fricking times within an hour. That was unnecessary and really frustrating. It's definitely got to have something to do with my laptop, and you sound like you know a lot about computers, if I'm not terribly mistaken. :3

P.S. This issue occurs similarly when playing Super Mario 63 on my laptop, but I haven't touched its Level Designer in a while, so I don't yet know if the crashing will occur in the same way, if at all.
Last edited by Triple J on Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Triple J

Postby Triple J » Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:52 pm

Unbelievable. Unbelievable. Wow.

My laptop just now crashed again while placing arrows in my level. USING THE LEVEL DESIGNER.
Who knows what I could have lost if I was working on other things at the time.

Please help as soon as you get the chance, or at least try to. I don't want my laptop to keep crashing like this just because I use Last Legacy's Level Designer. (I'm not saying you come to my house, of course, but maybe troubleshoot with what I've specified.)
It's gotten worse ever since my cooling fan was replaced. And I'd think it should have been fixed by then.
Triple J

Postby Triple J » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:38 pm

Didn't know how to edit my previous post and still make sense, but the past couple posts can now be ignored. I am 99% sure I solved the issue (regarding those "fake crashes.")
Triple J

Return to Bug reports