Revamped Planet/Moving Block Designer

We've got to make this game as cool as possible! If you have an idea of how it could be better, say it already!!

Revamped Planet/Moving Block Designer

Postby Oranjui » Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:52 pm

Oh boy my first post in ages here. Anyway, I think planets and moving blocks have potential to be really powerful, but they're missing a few things and could be a lot more interesting.

First of all, for planets: I'd like to see some way to create "inverted" planets or something like that. Currently, it seems like the planet creator wraps the selection around the bottom edge, which means planets can really only be convex. Adding options to wrap around the top edge to create a concave planet, or around the left or right edge to make something even more interesting, would help a lot to make more interesting terrain with curvature and stuff.

Next, concerning gravity, and going along with the idea of concave planets: Would it be possible to add some sort of "negative gravity" option for planets and moving blocks, which repels rather than attracts entities? (so I guess it's more of like magnetism than actual gravity.) It would push entities away from the center of gravity of the object, so that it can keep them on the edges as they move around something like a concave planet.

Finally, I'm not sure how feasible this one would be, but for moving blocks: Custom shaping. Warp the terrain/tiles you've selected to whatever shape you like to allow for all sorts of sharp edges, dynamic slopes, and the like. People have been asking a lot about "slicing tiles" as was seen in SM63's story mode on the runouw chat, and I think some sort of tile sculptor like this could potentially accomplish that, if it's not too heavy.

I guess if none of this is possible, then so be it. But I think that at least a concave planet option would benefit the designer a lot and make for a ton of new possibilities.

Thanks for reading n stuff

EDIT: Whoops apparently I missed a thread right below this one that's for basically the same kinds of suggestions as this. I'll quote this post there and then I guess if this thread is unnecessary, delete it?
—OJ • Thanks for the sig, FF! Ɛ>
Oranjui

Return to Suggestions