Music Update

Music Update

Postby Runouw » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:44 pm

https://soundcloud.com/shewitt-7/ost-f-magic

Here's a preview of one of the pieces for the upcoming Last Legacy Chapter 1 and 2 remake under development for PC.

In the song's description:
In the universe of Last Legacy, the world is on the brink of discovery of a strange force called Flux that can make matter appear or disappear. Some believe they can try to harness this new magic for the good of society, but not everyone has such good intentions.

What kind of setting or environment would you like to see (or use) this song in?
Runouw
Site Admin

Re: Music Update

Postby ColdWater » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:06 pm

I think it fits with credits ,I dont see other things who could fit with this.

(i didn't listened every parts of the song :V )
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) is love ,( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) is life.
Salut la France ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dont be crazy if I abuse lennies ,please ,seriously I love those , same thing if I talk everyday on shadows effect in the LD ,but I like making 160 objects in one single 17x22 screen.
waaaaa
ColdWater

Postby Niicola » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:16 am

Some parts of it remind me of the Chrono Trigger OST
"There is no good or evil, only Akuma."
~ Akuma the raging Demon

Follow me in The Topic of "Coming Soon" Levels/Projects.
First page have been updated to make it look more professional, check it out!
Last update 02/07/16
Niicola

Postby KABOOM » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:34 pm

It sounds like "title screen/very important endgame event" music. In gameplay, I might use it for either a grassy "first level" or a dramatic "final level". In any case, it's definitely very good.
KABOOM

Postby Niicola » Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:11 am

KABOOM wrote:I might use it for either a grassy "first level" or a dramatic "final level"

Why not... Both? It could make sense actually.

You could use it in the first level, where the player's journey has just started whereas he's new to the game and unskilled yet.
By the time, he'll have to follow the hero in his adventure. He will share his feelings and his thoughts, forge a concrete link with him. He will learn to master the hero the hard way : kill or be killed ; run and jump fast ; collect Tri-coins (*cough* Squares *cough*) and buy upgrades.

Step by step, the player will grow up as the hero will become stronger. It's only at this moment, when they will both be at the pinnacle of their strength, that they will have to face the evil that gathered them. While they're getting closer, they must overcome the last, longest and hardest obstacle by using every single thing they learned during this long long journey, knowing that it would all come to an end soon. The final level! It reminds them of all the thing they lived, the good and bad times. Now the player is wiser, he looks back at the very beginning when he was a young boy. Through the game... He became a man!

That's when a more dramatic and fast-paced variation of the first level theme should play.
"Is it the same theme that I first heard?" asks the player while falling into nostalgia
" *sigh* Everything was so easy back then...". He then realises :
"Wait, this doesn't really sound as it sounded before. It's almost like... the music had evolved... That's right, from the beginning, I've traveled to numerous places, fought endless waves of enemies. I worked hard to make the hero the way I wanted him to be. I did a lot. I have evolved too. It isn't easy anymore but I've trained for this last trial. I'm not the same I used to be, I'm ready now!"
This is the effect this theme should have on the player.

... Am I getting too far?
P.S: I want my name in the credits if you follow my idea :P
"There is no good or evil, only Akuma."
~ Akuma the raging Demon

Follow me in The Topic of "Coming Soon" Levels/Projects.
First page have been updated to make it look more professional, check it out!
Last update 02/07/16
Niicola

Postby Dtroid » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:46 am

I think probably the backstory at the beginning of the game,considering that this description narrates scenes before the previous games (and most likely this one too)
signature
Dtroid

Return to News