The Clovervest Games (Project)

Talk about the Last Legacy level designer creations. Anything from full blown level series to pixel art made with blocks.

The Clovervest Games (Project)

Postby Triple J » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:21 pm

Welcome to Clovervest Town! You're just in time for their annual event, the Clovervest Games! (Assuming you're even going to play this at all.)
This year (which will be every year), your goal is to achieve as high a performance as possible, as much as possible (but you aren't really timed. No pressure, this is only for the backstory).

...More will be explained within the levels.

There are a total of 8 Challenges in the Clovervest Games, but you must play each one in their own level. This means that you'll have to restart anything you've accomplished if you wish to switch Challenges, so be careful with your spent time. (Hopefully this could somehow be worked around in the Ch1&2 Remix.)

(NOTE: Some elements will differ among these eight separate levels, so that's something to look into. You may also notice that, as you go from one Challenge to the next, there's actually a day cycle!)

Challenge 1: Time Attack

Level Portal link: http://www.lastlegacy.us/view.html?id=55

Challenge 2: Orb Evasion

Level Portal link: http://www.lastlegacy.us/view.html?id=63

Challenge 3: Long-Haul Roll

Level Portal link: http://www.lastlegacy.us/view.html?id=129

Challenge 4: Rapid-Fire Target

Unfinished...
To-do list: Establish town rendition: ()
Shift items: ()
Start Level 1: ()
Design Level 1: ()
Test Level 1: ()
Revise Level 1: ()
Start Level 2: ()
Design Level 2: ()
Test Level 2: ()
Revise Level 2: ()
Start Level 3: ()
Design Level 3: ()
Test Level 3: ()
Revise Level 3: ()
Revise everything: ()

Challenge 5: Keep Yourself Up

Unfinished...

Challenge 6: Turret Survival

Unfinished...

Challenge 7: Spike Hike

Unfinished...

Challenge 8: Delta Conundrum

Unfinished...

Miscellaneous: Beta

Beta version
This is the original beta for the Clovervest Games before splitting it into 8 separate levels. The level code is INCREDIBLY long, so watch your computer's RAM. XD

Beta features that were removed:
  • Password system w/ unlockables.
  • A Clover Point-cap of 999 CPs. (Now "500".)
  • A "bubbling water" effect in the "land beach."
  • All Challenges accessible at once, but only one-and-a-half Challenges were available.
  • Default Boy's cousin (was removed because his purpose became defunct).
  • Miscellaneous, smaller details (some changed).

There are multiple ways to finish each level!

1. Collect 100 Clover Points for a special prize.*
  2. Obtain all 5 Clover Medallions and turn them in for a surprise.*
  3. Help boost the town's economy.*
  4. Grab the 3 Large Squares and hunt down their secret.**

*Allows access to Exit Portal #1
**Allows access to Exit Portal #2
Last edited by Triple J on Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:04 pm, edited 33 times in total.
My biggest Last Legacy project!
It all comes together right here!
Join the fun and make the list!
Triple J

Other stuff...

Postby Triple J » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:22 pm

Here's the in-game point system:

(Note: Easy Mode rewards half these points, but Hard Mode doubles them.)

500-CP Winners
(If you've collected a grand total of 500 Clover Points, please post a screenshot in this thread. You'll then be added here.)

-----
Awesome Condors
(Shown proof of players' feats. Screenshots and videos are both welcome.)
-----
Player's Feats
(Want to show others something you've accomplished, but it wasn't a Condor? Please, show us your videos as proof!)

-----
Designer's Feats
(These are videos of my personal accomplishments. Try and top them!)

-----

I'm open to suggestions, be it new features for my Challenges or anything I could add to this thread! Let's help make this project the best it can be! And let's have some fun!

I'm also open to suggestions for possible improvements on my Challenges' levels. If anything feels unprofessional or terribly irritating, please let me know! I might find a way to work it out, but it depends on the feature in question.
Last edited by Triple J on Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:35 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Triple J

The Clovervest Gallery

Postby Triple J » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:40 pm

There's more to see here - and do - than meets the eye. I've spent much, much time adding details to this level before separating it into eight, and even after that!

Now, at this point I'm done adding additional details. My next task is to finish designing the rest of the Challenges, but it'll take quite a long time to reach that milestone.

And because nothing else in the currently-released levels are going to be changed anymore, it is safe to provide a wide variety of snapshots and fun clips. They don't even have to be all done by me! You're all free to post screenshots and videos as you please, but please try to keep them geared toward display of the town itself, not the Challenges (the Challenges don't even have a natural feeling). Think of yourself as a tour guide showing others around town.

Now without further ado, it's time to show you around the town!

7:30am

Empty...

9:00am

Empty...

11:00am

Empty...

12:45pm

Empty...

2:00pm

Empty...

3:30pm

Empty...

5:00pm

Empty...

7:00pm

Empty...

Again, you are all welcome to contribute anything to the Gallery! Just take note that I will NOT accept anything that displays the Challenges, as cool as they may be. :3
Last edited by Triple J on Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Triple J

Re: The Clovervest Games (Project)

Postby ColdWater » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:41 am

Sorry ,my PC is too laggy for this level...
How did you got the keys?

also ,this level made the others levels laggy (30fps ,low graphics...) so I refreshed the page...
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) is love ,( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) is life.
Salut la France ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dont be crazy if I abuse lennies ,please ,seriously I love those , same thing if I talk everyday on shadows effect in the LD ,but I like making 160 objects in one single 17x22 screen.
waaaaa
ColdWater

Postby Triple J » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:49 pm

The keys are actually disabled. I covered the entire transition with a hitbox that constantly scales them in a loop, and boxed up the disabled keys with separate hitboxes that dissolve them when close enough (and I added a perk for collecting them all).

I'm fully aware of the lag. But to be honest, the town, outside of the Challenges, doesn't seem to lag on me very much anymore (except for the area with the dark clouds), but I know there is pretty noticeable lag in some of the Challenges (but at least not drastically).
I wish I could diminish it, but that would cost me some important elements (of challenge).

And I know what you mean by other levels lagging too because of this level. The thing is that this level is so massively detailed that it will eventually eat up all my computer's resources over time. But this is over a LOT of time. I've managed to get pretty far in, but if I keep dying, I'll keep using up more resources. (Same with constantly entering different transitions.)

At least when the Ch1&2 Remix comes out, this wouldn't nearly be an issue anymore. :> Most likely.
Triple J

Postby Niicola » Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:18 am

You are really involved in your project for sure.
"There is no good or evil, only Akuma."
~ Akuma the raging Demon

Follow me in The Topic of "Coming Soon" Levels/Projects.
First page have been updated to make it look more professional, check it out!
Last update 02/07/16
Niicola

Postby Triple J » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:42 pm

It's some of the most fun I've ever had designing something. I especially want it to be something to remember, which is why I'm trying to expand it as much as possible.

HINT: When the Ch1&2 Remix is released - no matter how long it takes - I plan to update many, many things in each of these levels. I'm that excited about this project of mine. :p

EDIT: I'm going to be updating the text animation for Bogeys. I have an idea on how to make it look more appealing.
EDIT2: Successfully updated the text animation for Bogeys.
Triple J

Postby Triple J » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:40 pm

I have a question for you guys.
    Do you want me to lower the Clover Point-cap from 500 to 333 CP's? Or does "300" sound better?
I'm starting to get a little worried that needing 500 Clover Points will turn many players off.

P.S. I removed "Tour Videos" because I started to feel it was pointless. Also, added "Player's Feats" so that players aren't limited to recording videos for Condors.

EDIT: Okay. I'm going to make one more change to the text animations in general. Will start making it run smoother for Double Bogeys in a bit. Might take a little while to get it right, though.

EDIT2: Finished updating the text animation for Double Bogeys.

EDIT3: I keep finding things to update. XD
The pre-level subtitles now display a difficulty rating for each level (out of 9).

EDIT4: I just thought of a really interesting way to change the Condor text animation. It will both (a) make it slightly easier to notice before it's done flying around and (b) more distinguishable from the other text animations. (The previous changes I made to it didn't help much, now that I look at it more.)

Fun fact: This may be tricky to implement into Orb Evasion. Its level code is already very close to the maximum file size allowed on the Level Portal, but I don't think the level code will really get much longer after I add this anyway.
EDIT5: Done with that. Whew.

EDIT6: For a long while, the fact that the Albatross text doesn't actually stop at the top of the screen never really bothered me. But now it does, further considering how the Condor text clearly stops at the side of the screen, and right now I want it to feel more consistent, so I'm going to update the Albatross animation in a short while. (It should be one of the easiest to handle.)

EDIT7: I'm gonna try to make this the last edit on this post, lol, but I finished updating the Albatross text animation. It almost precisely hits the top of the screen, and I added a little, fancy bounce effect at the end for the kicks.

EDIT8: How much more am I going to edit this post?? Seriously. Well, this time I updated the graphics for each Challenge's "level select" room and their three starting points (nothing fancy, though).
Triple J

Postby Triple J » Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:08 pm

Another post instead of editing the previous because I've got a couple things I feel that I must point out.

• I'm no longer considering a lowered Clover Point-cap. The strong lack of feedback suggests it isn't so urgent, as it seems to me.
  • I know I said that nothing outside the Challenges is gonna be changed anymore, but very recently I found out that I'm a bit too low on extra space for additional placements for my Clover Medallions and Large Squares. This means that a few things will be changed, but nothing too obvious.
  • The difficulty scale that rates the 3 levels for each Challenge will be changed slightly. Instead of being rated out of 9, it'll be out of 10. This may change current ratings very slightly.
  • I'm may also add a few more torches. This isn't a guarantee, but I'd like to add a few.

EDIT: Never mind about changing things for Clover Medallions and Large Squares. I can't find anything to change in that regard.
Triple J

Re: Other stuff...

Postby Niicola » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:56 pm

Triple J wrote:Designer's Feats
(These are videos of my personal accomplishments. Try and top them!)

I would love to see these since I find your levels very long and hard (even the easy mode is hard for me :lol: , I must be doing something wrong)
"There is no good or evil, only Akuma."
~ Akuma the raging Demon

Follow me in The Topic of "Coming Soon" Levels/Projects.
First page have been updated to make it look more professional, check it out!
Last update 02/07/16
Niicola

Next

Return to User creations