Graphical Update Topic

Graphical Update Topic

Postby -BY » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:02 pm

First things first. I'm BY. Your local german level designer. I'm in the team for a little while now, with the intentions to make LL a successful game. If my introduction didn't make it clear already, my priority lies within the level design related things, every game will face in one way or another. It's a shame I didn't make this more official earlier, but I probably needed some time myself to get used to the environment.

But enough about this. The main intention of this topic lies within the holy glory of frequent updates. It sounds unbelievable and uhm... it probably is. Yet I'll try my best to make things happen on a weekly base (Or every two weeks. I'll see how this works out first, so I can find a reasonable schedule, that suits you and me.).

If you wonder what this means, I can assure you that it's pretty simple. I'll provide you with screenshots of graphical work, I'm either allowed to show to you guys, or it's simply about things I created myself. To keep this whole attempt interesting, I'm intending on trying to do sprites with the given material in the current LDer.
So if you ever wanted to see something within the level designer I'll try my best to create it somehow. I'm by far no pixel artist or anything like that. But it sounds fun. So let me try this out.
Of course I cannot do everything, so bear with me, if it takes a little longer until I got to your request.

It has potential to become a thing if you guys are as serious about it as I am.
So let's try to get you guys involved.

For now, I only got a bit older work of mine to show. Nevertheless I can show you my first steps in proper custom sprite creation. A big thank you to Steven here, as he's the guy making it possible to add these things to the coming LDer versions.

Buildings will generally be easier to do in the future. It's currently one of the things gaining the most attention graphical wise. Plants are another. (If you take a look at the tree for example.)

Next to the barrel above, there should also be crates. Because crates are nice to store stuff in. I finished currently only two types of them. Planned are four different ones. However keep in mind. These are prototypes.

Currently also working on a church/chapel. It's still unfinished and despite the tower I'm generally feeling that it looks off right now. But I'll spend my time on it. So it looks more acceptable.

That's already all for now. May we meet again. ^^
Last edited by -BY on Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:46 pm, edited 6 times in total.
-BY

Re: Graphical Update Topic

Postby FrozenFire » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:10 pm

Those works are really stunning, actually. I really appreciate your job and the amazing work you're going. Keep on keepin' on. Also it's even better we're going to recieve even more updates.
FrozenFire

Postby -BY » Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:33 pm

We got everything today. Rain, snow, wind, thunders and my neighbours greenhouse flying through the sky. If I'm not mistaken all of this are signs for an incoming update or a storm.

As for today it's certainly hinting at another update. So let's get this started.

The other day I saw that Cedrus Libani tree in the level designer and wondered what kind of tree that actually was. After looking it up I kind of liked it, so I decided to do my own attempt of one of these.

I don't want to hint at anything here. But have some additional anchor I did a few weeks back.

___________________________________________________________________________________________
But hold on a second. That's not everything for today. The level designer working together with me shall get a mention today too. He may actually do a few of these update posts himself one day. (If I actually get him to do this.^^)

On this picture we've got something more tropical related from our level designer yurimaster, who happens to be the other member in the team. He asked me to add his cabana and palm trees to this wonderful update today. So there we go.

Alright. Now it's really everything for today. Cya next time.
-BY

Postby Harmless » Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:10 am

Wow. I'm seriously impressed.

ty frozenfire for sig <3
Harmless

Postby ColdWater » Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:41 pm

It's amazing. Very good work.
We can do pixel art with shadows (And furniture ,so.) ,but we can only see the levels in a view in 400%. It is too little to make of the pixel art.
I tried to do a flower pot. This flower pot have 32 objects.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) is love ,( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) is life.
Salut la France ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dont be crazy if I abuse lennies ,please ,seriously I love those , same thing if I talk everyday on shadows effect in the LD ,but I like making 160 objects in one single 17x22 screen.
waaaaa
ColdWater

Postby -BY » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:08 pm

Oh. Flower pots are actually a nice idea. If you feel like it, you could take a screenshot of it and post it in the forums, or even share the level code in another topic. I'd actually be interested in seeing other people doing their own custom items.
-BY

Postby -BY » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:06 pm

Last week was a busy week. As we were busy searching for all those hidden easter eggs.
I'm certain you know what I'm talking about. Let's finally go for another update then.

My first door design, currently about to do some more. And no. It's no window. It's actually a door.

Another crate concept. Not entirely sure if I want to leave it at that yet.

This would be everything for now. There will hopefully be a bigger one in the near future again. Until then. Cya next time.
-BY

Postby ColdWater » Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:42 pm

I lost the flower pot

But I have an other thing (my biggest achievent...with only 18 items. I will try to do better.)

http://imgur.com/2mftNMn

A waterfall!
They are two species of these. I prefer the first.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) is love ,( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) is life.
Salut la France ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dont be crazy if I abuse lennies ,please ,seriously I love those , same thing if I talk everyday on shadows effect in the LD ,but I like making 160 objects in one single 17x22 screen.
waaaaa
ColdWater

Postby Yurimaster » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:21 pm

Hello all, welcome to another graphical update! As BY have told you before, I'm Yurimaster, the second level designer of the team. This time, I'll be the one presenting this wonderful update!

Let's start with this tree:

This one is a pretty spiky tree made by me. It's not perfect though, so you'll certainly see some improvements on it later.

This and the next one are made by our Level designer BY. This time it's a pretty dark and mysterious forest environment, with a glowing box to provide us with light.

Another glimpse of that forest. This time it also shows another different machine, and these mysterious rocks glowing in blue light. I wonder what might these be?

And that's all for today people! Stay tuned for more graphical updates by BY, or me again.
Yurimaster

Postby FrozenFire » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:33 pm

Wow, those are really amazing. Really digging the spiky tree, and also that glowing box in the middle of the dark is fantastic. Keep the amazing job, you two.
Last edited by FrozenFire on Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
FrozenFire

Next

Return to News