Make upgrades more affordable.

Make upgrades more affordable.

Postby Dtroid » Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:54 pm

I've noticed that items cost more to upgrade than the cost of the item itself. For the more common,low-ranking items this is okay but it is daylight robbery when it comes to higher-level ranking items,especially the legendary ones. Prices can reach up to the 10,000s,I think it would need a lot of effort on the player's part to tediously farm the levels to raise that kind of money.

Also,just a slight digression: how about using a different colour or font for the legendaries? That would give a sense of satisfaction to the player. I've seen this before in other games but could it work in Last Legacy?
signature
Dtroid

Re: Make upgrades more affordable.

Postby ColdWater » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:08 pm

I made every level in the story in hardmode (except Electromagnetism) (5 deaths in Space) ,and the only thing I upgraded to 4 is my Basic Hallberd. Seriously ,I think upgrading the Winged Boots is useless. Honestly ,I think this is normal.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) is love ,( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) is life.
Salut la France ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dont be crazy if I abuse lennies ,please ,seriously I love those , same thing if I talk everyday on shadows effect in the LD ,but I like making 160 objects in one single 17x22 screen.
waaaaa
ColdWater

Postby Supershroom » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:55 pm

Andre wrote:I think upgrading the Winged Boots is useless.

Well, if you want to speedrun, it's useful being able to access certain walls you couldn't access before, and they also increase your running speed.
Supershroom

Postby ColdWater » Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:31 pm

We obtain the Winged Boots on Hardmode level 15. And a speedrun HAS to begin at the start of a game.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) is love ,( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) is life.
Salut la France ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dont be crazy if I abuse lennies ,please ,seriously I love those , same thing if I talk everyday on shadows effect in the LD ,but I like making 160 objects in one single 17x22 screen.
waaaaa
ColdWater

Postby Supershroom » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:41 am

i've meant speedrunning a single level to improve those time records, sorry for being unclear
Supershroom

Postby lulzaraptor » Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:49 am

If anything, upgrades will be made more expensive. We're also considering just scrapping the current upgrade system and implementing a different one.
lulzaraptor

Postby Dtroid » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:09 pm

That first statement sounds painful,and the second one sounds just a little bit better. By implementing a different one,will the currency used be some other things beside Squares or...?

I suggest that the difference of the cost of upgrading between the low-ranking items and high-ranking items be reduced, ie. the cost of upgrades would be slightly more expensive for the former,and less expensive for the latter.

By the way,why more expensive? It would be boring for players to farm levels.
signature
Dtroid

Postby Triple J » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:53 pm

You can play a game whichever way you want, but if everything is too inexpensive or easy to get, why bother? Having much more expensive items allows the player to get more out of the game, making it longer-lived.

Farming isn't fun, I agree, but I don't think the developers are going to go as far as to base this game on that.

EDIT: Re-reading this, I feel a little close-minded. >_>
My biggest Last Legacy project!
It all comes together right here!
Join the fun and make the list!
Triple J

Postby Dtroid » Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:38 am

I really don't know how am I going to play this game with powerful enemies and no money to upgrade my items.
signature
Dtroid

Postby Supershroom » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:56 am

If anything, an update on the upgrade system will mainly focus on setting a limit which item's can't be upgraded higher. And for the game itself, you'd only need a few upgrades on Elf Sword, Amethyst Staff and Book of Battle / Book of Winds in order to pass through the toughest passages (especially Dimension 14 Hard Mode) and to beat the boss without problems. Reaching an attack strength of 30 or 40 shouldn't cost too much.
Supershroom

Next

Return to Suggestions