Chapter 1&2 Q&A

Re: Chapter 1&2 Q&A

Postby Triple J » Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:04 pm

What exactly are the Semaphore P and the Semaphore V, and will they work in the Remix?

EDIT: Another question now: Will the range and size of the clickable hitboxes for NPCs and signs be changed?
I'm asking this because some usermade levels take advantage of this to make clickable buttons, and if you change either the distance between the player and item OR the size of the area that can be clicked on, that could break said levels. I'm even taking item-scaling into consideration.
My biggest Last Legacy project!
It all comes together right here!
Join the fun and make the list!
Triple J

Postby Triple J » Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:23 pm

I know this double-post is a bit pointless, but I really want to know something:
Is there still going to be a Release Candidate 4 for Null Space before the Remix?

Release Candidate 3 just doesn't feel complete enough to leave it the way it is, especially as most of the music is still unavailable in the Level Designer.

And I know I've heard before there was going to be one, but I'm seeing a lot of development being done on the Remix and Ch3 instead.
Triple J

Postby lulzaraptor » Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:43 pm

Updating NS further is not cost-effective. The reason why some songs are not included is because it would on average have negative income if it had all the music. If another RC happens, it will probably be to patch glitches
lulzaraptor

Postby Niicola » Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:51 am

Triple J wrote:What exactly are the Semaphore P and the Semaphore V, and will they work in the Remix?

lulzaraptor dodging the question like a pro :lol:
Seriously though, I googled semaphore... and gave up. I litteraly failed to understand.
"There is no good or evil, only Akuma."
~ Akuma the raging Demon

Follow me in The Topic of "Coming Soon" Levels/Projects.
First page have been updated to make it look more professional, check it out!
Last update 02/07/16
Niicola

Postby lulzaraptor » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:18 am

niicola wrote:lulzaraptor dodging the question like a pro :lol:
Seriously though, I googled semaphore... and gave up. I litteraly failed to understand.

Spoiler: show
lulzaraptor

Postby Triple J » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:53 pm

On Runouw.com, I wrote:I think it might have something to do with "the game ignoring the character," but I could be absolutely wrong. Anyways, I have found this glitch to happen in each of the following scenarios:
  1. Dying just as you click to enter a door.
  2. Beginning a cinema cutscene while dead.
  3. Opening a dialogue box while dead.
  4. Opening screen text while dead.
  5. Dying and going through a level splitter.
  6. Dying and being moved via triggers.

So, what do you think you guys will be doing about this one? I'm curious about everything, lol.

(In case you don't understand the context, it's the glitch where the player is alive with zero health and invincible. Apparently, there are multiple different ways it's triggered.)

HINT: Scenario 6 hasn't been fully confirmed. It seems to, though.
Triple J

Postby Triple J » Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:53 pm

New question: How are you handling the bug with double the intended Yspeed (with "Move Character") when having RC3-made levels converted into the Remix? Will the speed remain doubled?

And I would still like my previous question to be answered, thank you. :P
Triple J

Postby bowser2007 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:24 am

I have a few questions.

1: I've noticed that the levels in last legacy CH 1 are a fair bit longer than those in the sequel. Are the levels in the CH 2 going to be extended in the remake?

2: Are you going to add more levels to the first chapter as well as adjusting the existing ones?

3: Are shops, as well as enchanters, going to be added into the actual levels, for example, in the town at the start of the first level in CH 1?

4: Are the levels from CH 1 going to work like they do in CH 2, where collecting all the squares unlocks the level code for them?
bowser2007

Postby lulzaraptor » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:49 pm

Triple J wrote:New question: How are you handling the bug with double the intended Yspeed (with "Move Character") when having RC3-made levels converted into the Remix? Will the speed remain doubled?

And I would still like my previous question to be answered, thank you. :P

Its a new engine. Chances are that this bug will not exist. However I guess it is possible that a similar bug may manifest.

bowser2007 wrote:I have a few questions.
1: I've noticed that the levels in last legacy CH 1 are a fair bit longer than those in the sequel. Are the levels in the CH 2 going to be extended in the remake?

We are still debating this one. Personally, I'd like to make the level progression uniform across both Ch1 and Ch2. We're also still debating what we want from the game. We agree that the gameplay focuses too much on mediocre platforming and not enough on puzzles and story. The thing we have yet come to agreement on is the blend of platforming, puzzles, and story.

2: Are you going to add more levels to the first chapter as well as adjusting the existing ones?

Likely.

3: Are shops, as well as enchanters, going to be added into the actual levels, for example, in the town at the start of the first level in CH 1?

This one is getting completely redone. Its agreed on that we want to separate towns from the actual levels. The 'Null Space' segment is likely going to have a 'town' that you go back to between levels.

4: Are the levels from CH 1 going to work like they do in CH 2, where collecting all the squares unlocks the level code for them?

I don't know.

Please keep in mind that anything I say may change.
lulzaraptor

Postby Triple J » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:49 pm

Will it be possible to trigger replays of the player's actions? Also, what about personalized credits rolls?
Triple J

PreviousNext

Return to General