What happened with the updates?

Something wrong with the forums or have an idea? You can talk about it here.

What happened with the updates?

Postby FrozenFire » Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:41 pm

Also, the site simply stopped being active. At all. What is going on?
FrozenFire

Re: What happened with the updates?

Postby Karyete » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:13 pm

I can't speak for everyone, but I stopped posting here because nobody ever said anything.
Karyete

Postby bowser2007 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:35 am

Well, the problem is, this site doesn't really have a purpose now that runouw isn't releasing new information about the game. Nobody really does anything here because everyone does pretty much everything on runouw.com, including posting LL levels, which are not posted here any-more due to the inactivity.
bowser2007

Postby Triple J » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:27 pm

In fact, are they even working on the game anymore?
My biggest Last Legacy project!
It all comes together right here!
Join the fun and make the list!
Triple J

Postby Karyete » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:37 pm

I've seen Runouw himself browsing the forum a couple of times, but I'm hoping LL won't be forgotten.
Karyete

Postby Venexis » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:20 pm

Us guys on the runouw.com (read: active) side of things would rather not see it die either, and it's been generally agreed that if there's interest in the games, we'll manage contests and events ourselves until we know more of what's going on.

That being said, last I heard, there was a bit of conflict within the dev team. Not gonna elaborate more because that isn't my place, but that's something everyone should know instead of just being left in the dark to guess at random. We are not certain what this means for the future of the game or the community, but... well, it's looking rather grim.

Anyway, long story short, if you're actually interested in LL, give us a yell with your ideas and suggestions for events and stuff over on Runouw.com instead of here. The staff there are doing what they can to keep it relevant in the absence of updates, and we'd love to know we're not alone in wanting LL to continue.

EDIT: Because it's related- I'm not going to say you shouldn't post LL levels here anymore, but I am going to strongly imply it. If you want actual feedback on your work, well, the more active community has much more people to give it.

EDIT2:

This is where we're supposed to bring up these concerns, right? Because this is actually a massive "something wrong with the forums" and I'd appreciate if a mod left my post alone despite it calling attention to the problems in a somewhat aggressive manner.
Venexis

Postby lulzaraptor » Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:29 am

Venexis wrote:That being said, last I heard, there was a bit of conflict within the dev team.

What happened (short answer): Christmas

Long Answer: We just didn't have anything flashy to present. 90~95% of the changes since last update were improving stability. "We added null checks and multi-level logging on all publicly visible API" doesn't make for a fun update post. In addition, a lot of time was lost due to multiple holidays. There were a couple weeks where our effective workforce was 25% normal. And then there was also several things that we just did not want to report early.

With that said, an update is due soon. The engine has entered "alpha test" a couple days ago.
lulzaraptor

Return to Forum discussion