More weapons

We've got to make this game as cool as possible! If you have an idea of how it could be better, say it already!!

More weapons

Postby YumaMan9 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:34 am

I might be giving too many suggestions, but I think there should be more weapons and items. There should be more types of swords, scimitars, axes, staffs, and items to equip. There should also be spears, bows, crossbows, and maces.

I also think that the health limit of 7 is too low in my opinion. I think the health limit should be 15.
YumaMan9

Re: More weapons

Postby lulzaraptor » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:29 am

Health limit is probably going to be affected by difficulty setting or game mode.
I'm not sure how equipment will change
lulzaraptor

Postby YumaMan9 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:50 am

lulzaraptor wrote:Health limit is probably going to be affected by difficulty setting or game mode.
I'm not sure how equipment will change

Hopefully they add everything I listed. It would make the game a whole lot cooler. ;)
YumaMan9

Postby Supershroom » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:52 pm

There are definitely enough weapons (6 swords, 7 staffs) and other gadgets. Too many is not good. Health limit is more than sufficient. If you really have problems with that, equip three Full Iron Armors. I usually have a Full Iron Armor in my first gadget slot and something like books or a gold ring in my other two.
Supershroom

Postby YumaMan9 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:50 pm

Supershroom wrote:There are definitely enough weapons (6 swords, 7 staffs) and other gadgets. Too many is not good. Health limit is more than sufficient. If you really have problems with that, equip three Full Iron Armors. I usually have a Full Iron Armor in my first gadget slot and something like books or a gold ring in my other two.

No there aren't enough weapons. My suggestions will not be too many. I'll stop right there with the weapons part above.
YumaMan9

Postby Doram » Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:32 pm

Whether there are enough weapons is a matter of what kind of gamer you are. More action gamer says enough is enough. Hardcore RPG gamer says INFINITE WEAPONS!! The trick is satisfying both. One easy way of doing that is having a certain amount of good weapons given, and then having a weapon creation system for RPGamers to make whatever the heck they want.

Brief structure for weapon creation:
Type (player choose)
Size (randomly generated)
Color (randomly generated)
Strength (randomly generated)
Element/Special effect (randomly generated)

Second iteration of weapon engine could include the ability to combine weapons to get more control of results (random is chosen from parents)
Doram

Postby ColdWater » Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:47 pm

Supershroom wrote:There are definitely enough weapons (6 swords, 7 staffs) and other gadgets. Too many is not good.

Terraria is not in your style. Honestly ,I agree with Doram. An RPG could have a lot of weapons. But ,I agree with you ,if the weapons aren't original ,or reskinned.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) is love ,( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) is life.
Salut la France ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dont be crazy if I abuse lennies ,please ,seriously I love those , same thing if I talk everyday on shadows effect in the LD ,but I like making 160 objects in one single 17x22 screen.
waaaaa
ColdWater

Postby YumaMan9 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:56 pm

Doram wrote:Whether there are enough weapons is a matter of what kind of gamer you are. More action gamer says enough is enough. Hardcore RPG gamer says INFINITE WEAPONS!! The trick is satisfying both. One easy way of doing that is having a certain amount of good weapons given, and then having a weapon creation system for RPGamers to make whatever the heck they want.

Brief structure for weapon creation:
Type (player choose)
Size (randomly generated)
Color (randomly generated)
Strength (randomly generated)
Element/Special effect (randomly generated)

Second iteration of weapon engine could include the ability to combine weapons to get more control of results (random is chosen from parents)

Getting to choose what weapon you would like actually would help in satisfying both RPG and action gamers. I agree with you on that, but the weapons choice will not likely be infinite. That would be a LOT of weapons!
YumaMan9

Postby lulzaraptor » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:30 pm

I have spoke to rob about adding thrusting swords. We have also talked about implementing something similar to the item system found in diablo
lulzaraptor

Postby Doram » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:26 am

When I say infinite weapons, I do not mean that you will have an inventory with countless weapons inside that you have to dig through. I mean that any given weapon can have a number of different attributes (lets say 4 or 5 different attributes, each with 4 or 5 different states - like elemental alignment can be fire, water, earth, or air; strength can be anywhere from 10 to 15, etc.), and there are millions of possible combinations of those attributes - essentially limitless variety.
Doram

Next

Return to Suggestions