Chapter 3 Q&A

Re: Chapter 3 Q&A

Postby YumaMan9 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:50 am

KABOOM wrote:In Story Mode, it would just be mean. In the LD, though, it could be useful.

Agreed.
YumaMan9

Postby Triple J » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:04 pm

Though I do agree that it would be mean of the game to take things away from you, as long as you can always get the item(s) back - whatever the item was - I don't think it would cause so much harm.
My biggest Last Legacy project!
It all comes together right here!
Join the fun and make the list!
Triple J

Postby YumaMan9 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:07 pm

Triple J wrote:Though I do agree that it would be mean of the game to take things away from you, as long as you can always get the item(s) back - whatever the item was - I don't think it would cause so much harm.

I think it would actually. If we couldn't sell the items for money especially, it would be rather annoying.
YumaMan9

Postby Triple J » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:18 pm

That is true. It could be rather inconvenient when you need them (to sell or trade).

A part of me really wants this to happen in CH3, though. Maybe limit this to a hypothetical key item, something that is supposed to make the game easier (or the player more powerful) when on hand?
My biggest Last Legacy project!
It all comes together right here!
Join the fun and make the list!
Triple J

Postby lulzaraptor » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:27 am

We're reworking how equipment works. Upgrades are going to require crafting. Equipment will not give any bonuses outside of combat.
lulzaraptor

Postby Dtroid » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:10 am

Cool.
signature
Dtroid

Postby Konradix » Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:38 pm

lulzaraptor wrote:We're reworking how equipment works. Upgrades are going to require crafting. - Equipment will not give any bonuses outside of combat.

Does that mean that we will not be able to alter Speed and Jump stats in the LD? Will there be an alternate way to alter that?

- Squares exist in the game, but will the Large Squares serve more purpose beyond being a 100 squares? WIll they also unlock extras, like in Null Space? Or maybe they'll act like the Star Coins in SM63?

- If we can create custom tiles, how will that work exactly? Will we have to create them in paint, or will there be something implemented into the game? Or an external program perhaps? Will it be compatiable with the morph feature, or will we have to use the custom tiles SM63 style?

(Not a question, but...) I'm not sure whether you've considered that since every level is made with the LD, people could in theory re-create chapter 3 and release it to the world. If the LD will be free, people wouldn't need to buy chapter 3 (this would apply to the Remix of the first 2 chapters too). Speaking of chapter 3, people may be less inclined to buy it if the game has Chapter 3 in the title (since it's the 3rd part of something).

Also forgive me for being uninformed...
Konradix

Postby lulzaraptor » Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:48 am

Does that mean that we will not be able to alter Speed and Jump stats in the LD? Will there be an alternate way to alter that?

Unless things drastically change, you can modify actor variables via scripts.

- Squares exist in the game, but will the Large Squares serve more purpose beyond being a 100 squares? WIll they also unlock extras, like in Null Space? Or maybe they'll act like the Star Coins in SM63?

Most likely extras. This is my opinion however. The team decides everything by voting.

- If we can create custom tiles, how will that work exactly? Will we have to create them in paint

that would work

or will there be something implemented into the game?

maybe
Or an external program perhaps?

If an official tile editor exists, it will be in the level designer.

Will it be compatiable with the morph feature

tile morph is no longer baked into the code.

I'm not sure whether you've considered that since every level is made with the LD, people could in theory re-create chapter 3 and release it to the world.

So... pirate it? If anything, doing this will be against the terms of service for the product. However, it is more likely that the free version will be stripped down a bit. Did you know that the net-profit of NullSpace is $0? The cost of hosting it is roughly offset by the profits earned from ads. The game content per megabyte is also ~97% audio.

Speaking of chapter 3, people may be less inclined to buy it if the game has Chapter 3 in the title (since it's the 3rd part of something).

That's a placeholder name.
lulzaraptor

Postby Doram » Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:31 pm

Wait. Tile morph is no longer baked in? Does that mean that we have control over it again, or does that mean that is is more dynamically created? I kinda liked the feature of having it automatic (when I wasn't frustrated with the results it came up with) - is it going to be something we can turn on and off?
Doram

Postby Runouw » Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:36 am

What he means by saying the tile morphing wont be baked in is that tile morphing is now going to be done through scripts that can be modded. So you could create new tilesets through mods including custom morphing rules. Or you could have the classic non-morphing kind of tiles.
Runouw
Site Admin

Previous

Return to General