What's known about chapter 3 so far

Re: What's known about chapter 3 so far

Postby ficool2 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:12 pm

I cry ;-;

I still plan to make the level portal free forever. However, you will have to buy the game to play the story mode and to create levels. If you dislike this idea, remember the old flash player version of the game will remain free, forever.

I remember in one post Runouw said that the level designer will ALWAYS be free and only you have to pay for the Story mode ONLY ;-;
Back after 6 months, may start making levels again...

When Chapter 3 is out...
ficool2

Postby FrozenFire » Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:20 pm

Tbh, I think it's fair, because Runouw and his team will waste a lot of time and money to make the game, and it's very sad when you just spend the time of your life just make something free.
FrozenFire

Postby lulzaraptor » Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:52 pm

Nothing is 100% set in stone yet when it comes to pricing besides the facts that:
- There will be a free version
- There will be a paid version

In the current build, the game can load and display levels from the flash game. So I guess you could use the flash player level designer. However there are some major differences between how levels are handled since the engine is a 100% redo.
lulzaraptor

Postby Niicola » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:55 pm

Couldn't ads solve the problem? Like you know, you give an ad-full version of the game to those who can't afford it (Paying through Internet is a problem for some people).
"There is no good or evil, only Akuma."
~ Akuma the raging Demon

Follow me in The Topic of "Coming Soon" Levels/Projects.
First page have been updated to make it look more professional, check it out!
Last update 02/07/16
Niicola

Postby ficool2 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:18 pm

niicola wrote:Couldn't ads solve the problem? Like you know, you give an ad-full version of the game to those who can't afford it (Paying through Internet is a problem for some people).

I would like this, I don't care about Ad's unless it literally is a 30 second ad covering your screen ._.

I only want to be able to use the level designer....
Back after 6 months, may start making levels again...

When Chapter 3 is out...
ficool2

Postby lulzaraptor » Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:53 am

ficool2 wrote:I would like this, I don't care about Ad's unless it literally is a 30 second ad covering your screen ._.

I only want to be able to use the level designer....

We have not dismissed that idea. Some time before release, we'll run some numbers and decide what the best route is economically.

For example, it would make sense to include the level designer in the free version if
Code: Select all
(average ad revenue per person) * (number of free users) >= (% effort contained by level designer) * (cost of ad-free version) * (number of paid users)

niicola wrote:Couldn't ads solve the problem? Like you know, you give an ad-full version of the game to those who can't afford it (Paying through Internet is a problem for some people).

I think prepaid cards work through online transactions. It is also possible to buy Steam credit from GameStop, Target, and other retailers if we do go about using Steam.
lulzaraptor

Postby FrozenFire » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:27 pm

A poll to see who's going to pay and who wants to get a bunch of ads in the ass, maybe?
FrozenFire

Postby lulzaraptor » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:38 am

FrozenFire wrote:A poll to see who's going to pay and who wants to get a bunch of ads in the ass, maybe?

As ideal as that sounds, there are a few flaws with that logic.

1) This game will have a different market. LL CH1/CH2 were marketed towards the Newgrounds audience. Therefore "ads in the ass" was acceptable and expected. You can't do that if you want to be professional.

2) We literally cannot afford it. The entire team is taking a gamble with the hope that this game will sell. Just to give you an idea of the cost of development: If all 4 employees were to work at their respective hourly rates, we'd blow through all the funds acquired from SM63 + LLch1 + LLch2 in about a week.
lulzaraptor

Postby awesomerandomgamer99 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:30 am

If you choose to sell this instead of it being free, I WILL BUY IT!!! :)

I know the Steam Greenlight fee is 100 dollars or something, but would it cost more to post Ch.3 as well as the other 2 games, even for free?
awesomerandomgamer99

Postby lulzaraptor » Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:56 am

awesomerandomgamer99 wrote:If you choose to sell this instead of it being free, I WILL BUY IT!!! :)

I know the Steam Greenlight fee is 100 dollars or something, but would it cost more to post Ch.3 as well as the other 2 games, even for free?

We still haven't figured out how we're going to do the pricing model. Ch1+Ch2 HD with Ch3 might be bundled as a single game or appear as DLC. I can say it is less likely that we'll put all three titles on the same market at once since we want people to buy "ch3", not Ch1+Ch2.

FYI: "Ch3" is more or less an indev name; the current storyline is not directly connected to the previous two titles. We'll probably give a better name when we have the eventual story preview post.
lulzaraptor

PreviousNext

Return to General