What's known about chapter 3 so far

Re: What's known about chapter 3 so far

Postby awesomerandomgamer99 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:12 am

lulzaraptor wrote:
awesomerandomgamer99 wrote:If you choose to sell this instead of it being free, I WILL BUY IT!!! :)

I know the Steam Greenlight fee is 100 dollars or something, but would it cost more to post Ch.3 as well as the other 2 games, even for free?

We still haven't figured out how we're going to do the pricing model. Ch1+Ch2 HD with Ch3 might be bundled as a single game or appear as DLC. I can say it is less likely that we'll put all three titles on the same market at once since we want people to buy "ch3", not Ch1+Ch2.

FYI: "Ch3" is more or less an indev name; the current storyline is not directly connected to the previous two titles. We'll probably give a better name when we have the eventual story preview post.

Alright, thank you. :)
awesomerandomgamer99

Postby Karyete » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:33 pm

This is definitely something I would buy. I assume, if it's definitely going to have one, the level designer will be more advanced and complex. That'd be awesome.
Karyete

Postby FrozenFire » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:48 pm

Karyete wrote:This is definitely something I would buy. I assume, if it's definitely going to have one, the level designer will be more advanced and complex. That'd be awesome.

Agree.
FrozenFire

Postby ColdWater » Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:21 am

Question : The End Portal and the Wormhole can be always places in this chapter 3?

Edit: NOOOOOOOOOOO

The End Portal and the Wormhole can be always placeD in this chapter 3?
Last edited by ColdWater on Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) is love ,( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) is life.
Salut la France ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dont be crazy if I abuse lennies ,please ,seriously I love those , same thing if I talk everyday on shadows effect in the LD ,but I like making 160 objects in one single 17x22 screen.
waaaaa
ColdWater

Postby lulzaraptor » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:25 am

Andre wrote:Question : The End Portal and the Wormhole can be always places in this chapter 3?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
lulzaraptor

Postby ColdWater » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:37 pm

I edited the message.
Now ,for my question? :)
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) is love ,( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) is life.
Salut la France ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dont be crazy if I abuse lennies ,please ,seriously I love those , same thing if I talk everyday on shadows effect in the LD ,but I like making 160 objects in one single 17x22 screen.
waaaaa
ColdWater

Postby Retro109 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:11 pm

I loved the first two games. The game you describe uses elements of both games, the story and the gameplay. At the moment, my Paypal isn't working and my bank account... heh... Anyway, if I can, I will buy the game.Might use my step-sister's- huh? Nothing!!
May hope and good fortune be with you always, Hiroshima

Retro109

Postby Cordelia » Mon May 25, 2015 10:29 am

Hey, I havent been following this much, but I'm wondering how the process is coming along? Have you thought about Kickstarting this, Runouw? I mean like if you need to kickstart it I mean, idk how things are coming along.
Cordelia

Postby Sethster4321 » Mon May 25, 2015 10:42 pm

A good idea might be to release the game with the Main Story and Level Designer, but also release a free version with only the level designer. So for people who can't afford it can just use the level designer and make levels. A good way to that is to make the free version a Java Executable File, or a .jar file so they can use the game in Java, without the need for payment.
Sethster4321

Postby lulzaraptor » Wed May 27, 2015 3:37 am

Cordelia wrote:Hey, I havent been following this much, but I'm wondering how the process is coming along? Have you thought about Kickstarting this, Runouw? I mean like if you need to kickstart it I mean, idk how things are coming along.

We've talked about this as a possibility. The thing with a kickstarter is that you pre-sell your product. The problem with pre-sales is that you lose a release sale. It can also cause a stagnated community if all the interest is focused before release. If done right a kickstarter is literally 'getting paid to get publicity'.

Sethster4321 wrote:A good idea might be to release the game with the Main Story and Level Designer, but also release a free version with only the level designer. So for people who can't afford it can just use the level designer and make levels.

If we make a 10hr story mode but the average user puts 50hrs into custom levels, then 84% of the product resources should go to the level designer. It's kind of hard to just give away 84% of a product for free. This is why pricing is a difficult question to answer.

Sethster4321 wrote:A good way to that is to make the free version a Java Executable File, or a .jar file so they can use the game in Java, without the need for payment.

It's going to be distributed with a tested working runtime and bundled with an executable launcher. Current build requires 1.8_40 which not everyone has. The launcher makes it foolproof to run.
lulzaraptor

PreviousNext

Return to General