What's known about chapter 3 so far

Re: What's known about chapter 3 so far

Postby Cordelia » Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:29 am

Is this a thing that's still happening
Cordelia

Postby lulzaraptor » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:12 am

Cordelia wrote:Is this a thing that's still happening

We had a few stalls due to refactoring code. The total line count is about 10x NS. Effectively more since NS featured a lot of poor design choices. The engine+editor is now "stable".

We also lost time when going through artists and drafting story.
lulzaraptor

Postby Taederias » Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:23 pm

I'm assuming if you had any definite release date in the near future, you would probably have said so, but is there anything you could further say regarding the development progress -- as in what remains to be done, approximately what time frame are we talking about for the time of release? Or at least are we going to get some sort of update on the progress in the foreseeable future?

Thanks in advance for your answer
Taederias

Postby lulzaraptor » Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:07 am

Taederias wrote:I'm assuming if you had any definite release date in the near future, you would probably have said so, but is there anything you could further say regarding the development progress -- as in what remains to be done, approximately what time frame are we talking about for the time of release? Or at least are we going to get some sort of update on the progress in the foreseeable future?

Thanks in advance for your answer

It's really hard to say considering how we have like 1 full time developer and 3 part-time. Delays are very likely due to the fluidity of everyone's schedules.

I'll try and get back on this one.
lulzaraptor

Postby Taederias » Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:10 pm

It's alright, thanks for the reply, I'll be sure to check it out whenever it gets done. :)
Taederias

WHY???

Postby JcPix451 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:05 pm

I love it that LL3 is coming, but why is this going to be SOLD?!! I love LL, but when there is a chapter that requires to be bought, really can't stand it! My parents won't let me buy the third chapter!!! If this is not a flash game, I hope you're happy that I'm not going to be a fan anymore!!!!! :oops:
JcPix451

Postby Supershroom » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:20 am

Hey, relax. I think the OP explains well enough why the game will be sold on Steam; besides, Steam allows for a large target group of potential future members.

If you're sure you still can't bargain with your parents once the game comes out, there may still be ways to bypass them. I'll have to find a way myself ... Just stay tuned. Also great job on your first level!
Supershroom

Re: WHY???

Postby Taederias » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:35 pm

JcPix451 wrote:I love it that LL3 is coming, but why is this going to be SOLD?!! I love LL, but when there is a chapter that requires to be bought, really can't stand it! My parents won't let me buy the third chapter!!! If this is not a flash game, I hope you're happy that I'm not going to be a fan anymore!!!!! :oops:

Um, seriously? I mean I get that you'd like to get the game for free, but someone has/is put(ting) a lot of work in it, and you say you can't stand that they would like to get money for it? If someone releases a game for free, then yay, you (and me) can be happy but they deserve money for their work, certainly much more than any of us deserve a game for free (lol). And "you're not going to be a fan anymore"... really? You would not have said that if there was to be no third game at all, yet you are pissed at the developers making one, but selling it? Their own game?

P.S. To any developer who still frequents this forum, I'd like to ask again: is this game still in fact going to be finished? Not that it's my place to rush anyone, it's just that there has been no updates, and the Runouw Twitter channel seems to have been silent as well for half a year now.
Taederias

Postby Supershroom » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:32 am

It's been several months since I last talked to -BY, and information about development is being completely disclosed. Which sucks imo because there's neither good news nor bad news, just ... none.

SMBX 2.0 is a comparably ambitious project in both extent and duration, but at least it has a publically accessible development blog.

Also the thing is simply that CH3 can't be compared with previous versions in any way, shape or form. It's not a flash game any longer, it's lightyears above, and it's final product (assuming it ever sees the light of day :>) can be classed among any other famed videogames, none of which you get for free (at least in their first years of existence :>).
Supershroom

Postby Taederias » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:25 am

Supershroom wrote:Also the thing is simply that CH3 can't be compared with previous versions in any way, shape or form. It's not a flash game any longer, it's lightyears above, and it's final product (assuming it ever sees the light of day :>) can be classed among any other famed videogames, none of which you get for free (at least in their first years of existence :>).

Hey, you don't need to explain that to me (if that's what you were doing), I was just reacting to the other poster. :)

Well anyway, I hope some information surfaces eventually, if someone comes around here and knows something about the development progress, feel free to share that information. :)
Taederias

PreviousNext

Return to General