Last Legacy Null Space RC3 (General Discussion)

Discuss anything, tips or tricks, whatever.

Last Legacy Null Space RC3 (General Discussion)

Postby Niicola » Sun May 10, 2015 2:22 pm

The new update is out.
Just creating a topic to talk about it.
I've just finished the game. Oh, god the extras, the ending, the new items and tiles (thanks -BY) :D
Still, I wonder why the vase and the barrel are in the interactive section of items because they do absolutely nothing. It would have been cool if we could destroy them or... I don't know, open them :roll:
"There is no good or evil, only Akuma."
~ Akuma the raging Demon

Follow me in The Topic of "Coming Soon" Levels/Projects.
First page have been updated to make it look more professional, check it out!
Last update 02/07/16
Niicola

Re: Last Legacy Null Space RC3 (General Discussion)

Postby FrozenFire » Sun May 10, 2015 4:26 pm

That Credits special effects is awesome.
FrozenFire

Postby Triple J » Sun May 10, 2015 7:36 pm

As much as I am happy this finally came--and it's now even more awesome--I am disappointed with a few things:
  • Some big bugs were never fixed, like the missing music, Delta Mode totally messes up triggers using sleep functions, and being revived with zero HP. There might be more, but I do not want to be very nit-picky.
  • Now that Mountain Tiles can be removed with Delta, many levels have been broken because of it.
  • It is still possible to cheat shops by closing them with the "p" key.

Nevertheless, this was well worth the wait--just please find the time to fix these before moving on to the Remix! These are big issues!
My biggest Last Legacy project!
It all comes together right here!
Join the fun and make the list!
Triple J

Postby Niicola » Sun May 10, 2015 9:51 pm

Triple J wrote:Delta Mode totally messes up triggers

Agree. I think they just should put a button "disable Delta mode". But it's still a good update :)
"There is no good or evil, only Akuma."
~ Akuma the raging Demon

Follow me in The Topic of "Coming Soon" Levels/Projects.
First page have been updated to make it look more professional, check it out!
Last update 02/07/16
Niicola

Postby KABOOM » Mon May 11, 2015 12:37 am

I appreciate the newly added items and collectibles, but I'm still rather disappointed that most of the major bugs haven't been fixed at all. Also, snow makes a hard sound when you step on it. :/
Last edited by KABOOM on Mon May 11, 2015 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KABOOM

Postby FrozenFire » Mon May 11, 2015 1:04 am

I could also notice some bugs in the Story mode, like in Heat (Hardmode) when you press the last lever to activate the Delta Orb in the descending lava level. When you press the lever, the orb activates, but when you climb all the way up again, the orb appear disabled again.

I had to suicide multiple times to finally get past this.
FrozenFire

Postby Triple J » Mon May 11, 2015 1:05 am

Did Runouw post the wrong update?

AwesomeJRFD wrote:It's gonna be here eventually, hopefully before the end of the year (depending how much time the dev team has to work on it). Don't expect any fancy new features or items, though. IIRC the bugs fixed are the missing music, relative xspeed, enemy starting HP, and some others I'm forgetting at the moment.

EDIT: I also found that in the last battle room of Strength (Hard Mode), after defeating all the enemies, the doors occasionally won't be triggered. I think maybe it's because one of the Dark Beasts got stuck in the ceiling? Because high above the ceiling there, the tiling looks unfinished (hint, hint).

EDIT2: And signs are still read by pressing the "x" key, rather than clicking on them. It confuses new players. ReEDIT: No, wait. Even though they can still be read by pressing the "x" key, clicking on them actually works now. Never mind.
Last edited by Triple J on Tue May 12, 2015 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Triple J

Postby ColdWater » Tue May 12, 2015 7:33 pm

"New ending"

OMAGAD ITS AWESOME A - A - AWESOME

I will rush the game for a second time :D (my first play was 3 hours long. I beated the Boss.)

More bosses more bosses more bosses plz plz plz
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) is love ,( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) is life.
Salut la France ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dont be crazy if I abuse lennies ,please ,seriously I love those , same thing if I talk everyday on shadows effect in the LD ,but I like making 160 objects in one single 17x22 screen.
waaaaa
ColdWater

Postby Triple J » Tue May 12, 2015 7:38 pm

Is there any way to getting around the issue with Mountain Tiles now being removable with Delta?

My level, the Essence of Time, has been MAJORLY broken because I used them A LOT to make sure Delta doesn't allow cheating (and in RC3, you can now easily cheat in ways totally unintentional) , and I don't want to replace the Mountain Tiles with Dead Blocks. EVEN WORSE, I CANNOT USE DELTA NEGATE BOXES BECAUSE THEY STILL AREN'T FIXED. *level permanently broken in Release Candidate 3* (that wasn't sarcastic. What am I to do??)

I really don't want to blame Runouw. Programming has to be a really tough job, but he could have at least fixed Delta Negate Boxes if Mountain Tiles were to be changed; I could have been able to maintain the structure of my levels without having to make major changes to them just to allow the levels to be playable in the new version.

And in Runouw's defense, though, I think I do understand why he did this to the Mountain Tiles. If all other natural types of ground could be removed with Delta, why not mountain? I just wish I knew this would happen in RC3...

EDIT: Andre totally saved me from double posting. XD

EDIT2: I may have exaggerated a bit with how much that level has been broken, but it is still pretty messed up.
Triple J

Postby ColdWater » Wed May 13, 2015 5:58 am

If only runouw make a thing for chosing blocks breakable with Delta or not...

EDIT:
Me: Okay ,this time. I will finish Space.

"5th Death"

NONONO STEVEN HEIWTT YOU DO A PAINFUL LEVEL DESIGN ITS GOOD BUT ITS FRUSTRATING NONONO!!!

Me: Seriously ,a dark beast?

Me: Yay! I will finish Electromagnetism!

"Il est mort ,Jim!"

NOOOOOOOOO... YOU WILL PAY ,CHROME!!!
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) is love ,( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) is life.
Salut la France ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dont be crazy if I abuse lennies ,please ,seriously I love those , same thing if I talk everyday on shadows effect in the LD ,but I like making 160 objects in one single 17x22 screen.
waaaaa
ColdWater

Next

Return to General