The Clovervest Games (Project)

Talk about the Last Legacy level designer creations. Anything from full blown level series to pixel art made with blocks.

Re: The Clovervest Games (Project)

Postby Triple J » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:03 am

Niicola wrote:
Triple J wrote:Designer's Feats
(These are videos of my personal accomplishments. Try and top them!)

I would love to see these since I find your levels very long and hard (even the easy mode is hard for me :lol: , I must be doing something wrong)

A) I'd really like to show you guys some of my feats, but I'd also like to wait until I finish designing the rest of the Challenges first. It's an OCD thing, sorry.

B) When you say "the levels are very long and hard," are you referring to the 3 different levels of each Challenge? If so, I'd disagree a bit, but maybe I'm just used to long levels. Or maybe you could give me your personal ratings for the released levels' difficulties?

C) Could you maybe specify which levels you struggle to clear, even on Easy Mode? I could try to make them more reasonable, if you think that would make them better.
My biggest Last Legacy project!
It all comes together right here!
Join the fun and make the list!
Triple J

Postby Triple J » Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:08 pm

Double posted because I doubt this would be noticed otherwise.

Anybody think it'll help if I add arrows into the Challenges? (What do you think, Niicola?)

EDIT: Removed the demo for Challenge 3 due to it being far too outdated, and I replaced it with a to-do list.
Triple J

Postby Niicola » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:30 pm

Sorry for the late reply
The exploration part + the challenges makes it long. It would be perfect if we could save our progress (I never allocate enough time :lol: )
In Time attack, the red spinning platforms are a pain to me. I touch them a little and they go crazy and unpredictable. When I try to do a good time, I have the feeling that these won't let me :lol:
"There is no good or evil, only Akuma."
~ Akuma the raging Demon

Follow me in The Topic of "Coming Soon" Levels/Projects.
First page have been updated to make it look more professional, check it out!
Last update 02/07/16
Niicola

Postby Triple J » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:42 pm

Niicola wrote:Sorry for the late reply
The exploration part + the challenges makes it long. It would be perfect if we could save our progress (I never allocate enough time :lol: )
In Time attack, the red spinning platforms are a pain to me. I touch them a little and they go crazy and unpredictable. When I try to do a good time, I have the feeling that these won't let me :lol:

That's something that bugs me a bit myself, too. The closest I could get to fixing this was adding the Bulter in the Challenge lobby, but that only works if the game never closes out, lol. But did you ever notice him?
The most I can say is to practice. I've found it easiest to mash the jump key when trying to push it the other way, even if it's going too fast. If you keep trying, you'll eventually get used to it. I no longer have much trouble with them, except when I lose my focus.

If you want to progress ahead of them as quickly as possible, though, you'll have to jump off quickly after you land on one.

And before I forget to mention it, I don't think it would be a good idea for me to mess with the red carousels' properties anymore, since they're extremely sensitive to changes, and that they aren't supposed to slow down by themselves.

EDIT: I managed to find a rare glitch.

Because of this bug, if the player manages to move fast enough and SOMEHOW maintain their momentum at the end of a Challenge when they freeze in place, they will sometimes be teleported outside the zone where you watch the text animation.
(However, I have yet to confirm whether this doesn't reward you with your deserved Clover Points, as I've only ever experience this glitch once.)

8/15/2015 5:14pm EDIT: Updated the "level select" rooms with an improved camera position and a "TV flicker" box thingum overlapping the Challenge's unique symbol in the middle.
Triple J

Postby Triple J » Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:43 am

AAAAAHH I NEVER THOUGHT I'D SEE THE DAY

I FREAKING FINALLY FINISHED DESIGNING THE LONG-HAUL ROLL CHALLENGE

OMG I AM SO HAPPY IT'S FINALLY DONE WITH

AAAAAHH GOD WAS WITH ME

P.S. I am pretty sure the level code is too long to enable comments. It is VEEEEERRY close to the length of Orb Evasion's.

EDIT: After some intense play, I've discovered that a particular Rolling Negate Orb in the area with the dark clouds is actually useless (it's the one at the top-right corner of the area). To fix this, I'll be replacing a few ground tiles overhead with dead blocks.

EDIT2: Scratch that. Doing that would make it impossible to progress. Resolving this issue will require the Rolling Delta Orb northwest of the Negate one to be shifted away a bit. (Thank goodness the dead blocks to the left of it already have a slope. That'll make shifting the orb easier.)

EDIT3: Fixed.
I could have also fixed the Delta switch on the final cliff that can be pushed again after activation (I forgot to make a hitbox for it that keeps it pressed after going through doors/transitions), but I forgot about that in the meantime. It isn't really a big deal, anyway.

Might get around to it sometime in the future, but no promises. :P

EDIT4: Forgot to mention that I fixed the Delta switch about an hour ago.
Triple J

Postby Triple J » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:35 pm

Can I just say that I'm getting a little annoyed right now that nobody has been giving me any feedback. :/

I mean, the only feedback I really have are ratings 4 stars and below, and nobody is helping me out here. What is wrong with my project, and how can I fix it?

I'm starting to get upset by this...
Triple J

Postby Supershroom » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:43 pm

Maybe your project is simply a bit too large and overwhelming for people to get used to it ... Stuff like explaining how the Clover Stuff works is better suited within the description on the LDP, or a separate topic (e.g. here), instead of the levels itself.

Your Zappy Guy level was an easy overlookable thing I've took time for to write a comment about it. I do care about your work here, but you also understand that I have other interests around the community.
Supershroom

Postby Triple J » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:53 pm

I'll respond to this later. Right now, I'm not feeling good emotionally.

EDIT: My problem with this whole situation is that whenever I get a rating from anybody that isn't 5 Stars, it must mean that they didn't like something about my work, and everything is almost down the toilet for me. I only truly feel my work is actually successful if I'm getting 5 Stars; it doesn't have to be overall, but I get pissed or depressed when I see my works' potential lost. I spent, like, three fucking months on the third Challenge, and I've only got a single 4 Star rating to show (on Runouw.com). To me, that is pitiful; I just want a reason why to be explained.

I understand the level is probably very large from some to handle - thank you for pointing it out, but that isn't the raters speaking. I really want concrete data that can help me fix things that are generally unfavorable, but I don't actually know where to look, or why EXACTLY I'm not getting 5 stars.

It would be truly appreciated if further ratings are explained, though. Thank you very much for listening to me, Supershroom.
Triple J

Postby FrozenFire » Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:24 am

Well man, the only real problem I can see in your entire project is that it's way too much. You ended up putting way too much work on it, to the point where it's just overwhelming to think about ever having to check it. I know I made a promise I would make a review of it, but I just lost all motivation when I started playing: too many details, too many work put into it. Yes, I know I'm probably going to be one who's never satisfied with anything, but all things have a limit.

Also, just because nobody ever replied to your project doesn't mean we don't appreciate it. Remember when you were starting it, and you posted your first preview, and I complimented you on how it was good? Well, I still stand for it. And I'm pretty sure everyone here who has at least taken a quick peek at it likes it as well.
FrozenFire

Postby Karyete » Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:12 pm

Triple J, you're acting like anything below 5 stars is a failure - honestly, it's not.

Not having 5 stars doesn't mean the level is not good. In my opinion, 5 stars is either utter perfection or incredibly innovative, where no area or mechanic could be improved. And honestly, I've rarely come across a level like that.
You need to think of things about your project that is unique - nobody else has come close to making such a big series, if my memory isn't failing me. People will probably think of that when they play your levels.

You need to also remember: unfortunately, there aren't a huge load of active members playing this game AND giving reviews to others. Just keep working at it, and once more dedicated players start turning up, I'm sure this series will stand out.
Karyete

PreviousNext

Return to User creations