The Clovervest Games (Project)

Talk about the Last Legacy level designer creations. Anything from full blown level series to pixel art made with blocks.

Re: The Clovervest Games (Project)

Postby FrozenFire » Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:26 pm

He's right on the part of wanting some good old criticism though, it's just that the rest of us aren't really into his funky flow
FrozenFire

Postby Triple J » Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:02 am

Karyete wrote:Triple J, you're acting like anything below 5 stars is a failure - honestly, it's not.

To be quite frank, I wholeheartedly feel that anything below 5 stars is indeed a failure. Just look at those 4.8 or 4.9-overall ratings you can find among the top levels lists. Just looking at them can irk me a bit too much; as if I'll never surface above them, which probably IS the case.

HAVE I EVER REACHED THAT MILESTONE? NOPE. NOT WITHIN MY TIME ON THE FORUMS.
THIS MUST BE A WASTE OF MY TIME, THEN.

IMPORTANT EDIT:
FrozenFire, I just want to say that I feel like shit hearing that there is way too much in these levels. I don't know why, but it kills almost all my interest in continuing this project. I'm sorry you have to hear that, but this is how I feel.
My biggest Last Legacy project!
It all comes together right here!
Join the fun and make the list!
Triple J

Postby Karyete » Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:48 am

Triple J wrote:To be quite frank, I wholeheartedly feel that anything below 5 stars is indeed a failure.

You may FEEL like it's a failure, but it isn't. Whatever level someone makes, there'll always be something to improve on.
Karyete

Postby Triple J » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:16 pm

But those top levels on the list, those with more views than mine, levels that get mentioned on Runouw's Facebook page, other designers being entitled as "the best one" or "second best" by other users, and those that get much notoriety (AKA everybody else on the Portal): do I have any of that? Obviously not.

I have literally nothing to show.

Everybody's going to ignore my levels "because they aren't popular." I'm just another piece of undesired scum on everybody's plates.

EDIT: Before you tell me that "Don't Get Cursed! 2" is currently at the top, I don't freaking care. Somebody's obviously going to downrate it because: "eww, Triple J made that." I don't deserve 5 stars.
Triple J

Postby Supershroom » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:41 pm

Please stop being so self-hatred and please stop taking so much care about ratings. The Top levels page is under redevelopment if you didn't know already. Maybe it will be soon like the Score page of the SM63 portal and only conclude levels with at least 5 ratings (from different people, I hope, it's stupid that you can rate a level multiple times).

And if it drains out your motivation that people say your Clovervest levels are too grand to be overlooked. Maybe it's a good idea to clean up the already finished levels and see how you can make them more attractive. Not only conceptually, but also difficulty-wise; give people a realistic chance to win the level smoothly. For example, in Level 3 (Long-Haul Roll) it's pretty annoying if you have to climb all the way up to the beginning of the challenge after falling down or dying.
Supershroom

Postby Triple J » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:47 pm

Supershroom wrote:And if it drains out your motivation that people say your Clovervest levels are too grand to be overlooked. Maybe it's a good idea to clean up the already finished levels and see how you can make them more attractive. Not only conceptually, but also difficulty-wise; give people a realistic chance to win the level smoothly. For example, in Level 3 (Long-Haul Roll) it's pretty annoying if you have to climb all the way up to the beginning of the challenge after falling down or dying.

I'm sorry for saying this, but... I could care less. It's too much of a hassle to go through EVERYTHING over again just to fix some tiny things.

I almost want to delete this thread because now it's just a joke.
Triple J

Postby Supershroom » Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:43 pm

The Clovervest Games are everything else than a joke. Like I've said, they're a somewhat ambitious project, but it can be fixed. I can also try out a few stuff (no promises tho)

Please keep working and trying. Finetuning can come later, there will be a day where all of your effort will pay off.
Supershroom

Postby FrozenFire » Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:18 pm

also >tmw not even LL can handle your huge ass ambition
FrozenFire

Postby Triple J » Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:02 pm

Supershroom wrote:The Clovervest Games are everything else than a joke.
Not the level itself, this thread.

FrozenFire wrote:also >tmw not even LL can handle your huge ass ambition
For some reason, I don't think I understand what you mean by "also >tmw not even [...]".

Or do you mean that it's "too much work" ONLY because the game can't handle the level code?
If so, doesn't that contradict this?
FrozenFire wrote:Well man, the only real problem I can see in your entire project is that it's way too much. You ended up putting way too much work on it, to the point where it's just overwhelming to think about ever having to check it. I know I made a promise I would make a review of it, but I just lost all motivation when I started playing: too many details, too many work put into it. Yes, I know I'm probably going to be one who's never satisfied with anything, but all things have a limit.

Also, just because nobody ever replied to your project doesn't mean we don't appreciate it. Remember when you were starting it, and you posted your first preview, and I complimented you on how it was good? Well, I still stand for it. And I'm pretty sure everyone here who has at least taken a quick peek at it likes it as well.

Call me a nitpicker if you want.
Triple J

Postby FrozenFire » Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:21 pm

Actually, I meant more like you have a really big ambition AND sense of work, and when you tried projecting it all into LL, which is clearly bigger and better than SM63, turns out it went way too good for everyone, even for the game (as in the LL community as a whole, not the game itself)
FrozenFire

PreviousNext

Return to User creations